Wild Wellness Travel is very excited to welcome Maria Filippone to the team presenting at our upcoming Tulum retreat, May 21-28th. Maria has a multi-disciplinary training and her teaching spans over twenty years and has taken her around the globe, shaping her gifts into a synergistic blend of Vinyasa yoga, Pilates, Thai masssage, and Sanskrit chant.
Her classes have been described as a journey where time slows down, where music and breath carry the mind and body into an experience of deep alignment. Maria invites her students to be curious about their practice, and to find the courage to move beyond limitations; her meticulous hands-on adjustments and precise verbal cues invite students to access the grace, ease and power that lies within. Maria's appreciation and love for all of her teachers, her students, community and her beautiful daughter's, expands her heart and grounds her as a teacher.
Maria believes that wellness Vacations allow us to unplug, de-stress & recharge our bodies and minds. Taking time from our busy schedules at home allows for us to focus on our own well-being while being inspired by the beauty and sound of the surrounding nature. For Maria, wellness vacations are meaningful experiences with long-lasting positive effects as well as guiding us to simply make better lifestyle choices upon our return home.
With seven days of retreat at Tulum we have the opportunity to focus our practice and truly benefit from a life-changing event. We will be focusing on detoxification and re-energizing. Maria has shared with us five of her top poses for detox and energy.
“To promote detoxification one must first establish healthy breathing patterns (Deep Diaphragmatic Breathing). Yogic Breathing helps to clear out the carbon dioxide from the lung tissue. The abdominal organs are massaged with every cycle of breath when the diaphragm is moving freely and naturally. The practice of keeping the mind focused on deep breathing, rather than on the constant chatter of the mind, results in a natural detox of the mind. You can start your detox with these powerful postures:
1) Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svansana) - A partial inversion where the head is below the heart. This aids in circulation of blood and lymph.
2) Chair Pose with Twist (Parivrtta Utkatasana) - Squeezing & toning the abdominal organs while stimulating liver, spleen & the systems of digestion and elimination.
3) Legs Up The Wall (Viparita Karani) - Encourages stimulation of blood and lymph from the feet and legs and is soothing to the nervous system.
4) Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana) - An inversion posture that helps drain accumulated fluid from the legs & upper body.
5) Supported Headstand (Salamba Sirsasana) - Improves the functioning of the cardiovascular system by reducing the strain on the heart. Promotes internal heat while increasing the digestive fire. Headstands also help to increase the functioning of the endocrine system; pineal and pituitary glands.
To enhance your flow of energy, practice these five poses:
1) Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar) - A wonderful way to awaken the body and encourage the smooth powerful flow of Prana throughout the body.
2) Camel Pose (Ustransana) - A heart opening posture that stretches open the front side of the body and encourages the lung to expand.
3) Warrior 2 (Virabhadrasana 2) - Leg strengthening & invigorating posture that awakens the Warrior within.
4) Side Plank (Vasisthasana) - A whole body strengthening pose that requires tremendous focus of the mind reducing mental stress and increasing our energy levels.
5) Chair Pose or Thunderbolt Pose (Utkatasana) - Also known as “Powerful Pose“ engaging the large muscles of the legs and glutes creating fresh new energy in the body while also awakening the spine.”
Join us in Tulum at the Shambala Petite Hotel for an life-changing retreat with our amazing instructor, Maria Fillippone, May 21-28th. For more information, check out this link